U-Hopper is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic Data Scientist joining the team in the headquarters in Trento, Italy. The company develops Big Data and Machine Learning custom solutions; it is currently working in several vertical domains (logistics, fintech, sport, digital marketing) and has multiple active projects.
The challenge to the candidate consists of supporting the company in the production of Machine Learning/Deep Learning (ML/DL) solutions capable of meeting customers’ needs le necessità. This includes:
- participation into technical meetings aimed at understanding customers’ needs or at explain the work completed or in the process of being carried out;
- management of the available datasets, with particular attention to their completeness, homogeneity and possible integration with third ones;
- design and prototyping of Machine/Deep Learning models;
- supporting the development, testing and integration of said models into the customers’ existing software infrastructure.
Moreover, the candidate might be occasionally asked for:
- supporting the drafting of applications to open calls on the part of the European Union and/or the Public Administration for the development of ML/DL solutions;
- delivering training courses on the basic principles and techniques of ML.
The candidate will join a technical team of 7.
The work environment is young and international. The position is rewarded with a salary aligned with the required professional skills.Location: Trento / remote
Type of contract: full-time
Education / Experience
A Master’s degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or related fields is required, together with a previous experience in the development of ML/DL solutions.
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Knowledge of the main ML techniques/algorithms both supervised and unsupervised, like, for instance (the list is by no means exhaustive), Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, K-Nearest Neighbours, Decision Trees, Random Forests, XGBoost, SVM, Naive Bayes, K-Means, DBSCAN, LSTM, GRU, Ensemble Learning.
- Capability in designing, developing and testing solutions relying on the techniques mentioned above.
- Proficiency in Python and in its main libraries for managing, analyzing and graphically representing data (pandas, NumPy, scikit-learn, SciPy, PyTorch, Keras, Matplotlib, …).
- Knowledge of versioning systems (.git).
- Proficiency in the English language (knowledge of the Italian language would be a plus);
- Ability to work in a team and in an international environment.
- Capability of dealing with work peaks.
- Proactivity in problem solving.
- Prioritization and wise time management.
- Proactivity in learning new technologies.
If you're interested in this position, write us an email including your CV and a cover letter and specyfing in the subject: 2022-Data-Science.